Tag: CLA herbal supplement
Along with 5-HTP, there’s been a lot of talk in mainstream weight loss, fitness, and body building circles about conjugated linoleic acid (CLA). CLA is found in ruminants–such as cows, sheep, goats, and llamas–and their by-products. CLA can be found in red meat, cheeses, and whole milk. CLA can also be derived from sunflower and safflower oil.
According to Bodybuilding.com, body builders use CLA to “drive glucose into muscle cells to produce anabolic effects,” increasing muscle mass. This same sugar burning process can serve dieters by preventing blood sugar from turning into body fat. CLA increases lean muscle mass, promotes metabolic functioning, and some studies show it even has immune system enhancement and anti-carcinogenic properties.
How can these properties come from red meat?
CLA is found in significantly higher amounts in grass-fed animals. Most of the meat consumed in the United States today comes from feedlots, and contains four times less CLA than grass-fed and free-range animals. So if you’re consuming red meat and whole milk, but it’s not from organic, free-range animals, you’re missing out on the CLA needed for any noticeable effects.
The Chicago Tribune reported, “Several safety concerns have arisen, including possible pro-diabetic effects, increased size of liver and spleen, gastrointestinal upset, and altered nutritional value of breast milk in lactating women.”
It is recommended that the best way to take CLA is integrated into your diet through beef, butter, lamb, and whole milk. However, if you’re a vegan or vegetarian, it can be difficult to get enough CLA to make a difference in your health or weight loss regime. Although CLA supplements are typically derived from sunflower and safflower oil, do your research and double check because it can also be derived from ruminants.
If you’re getting enough CLA in your diet, which is recommended, but you still need help controlling your appetite, taking a 5-HTP supplement is a safe and effective appetite suppressant. While CLA can have weight loss properties, it’s most commonly useful for gaining lean muscle mass and speeding up metabolism. That’s why it’s such a popular supplement in body building circles. Incorporating CLA into your diet and supplementing with another herbal weight loss solution is a safe and natural way to augment your diet and meet your weight loss goals.
- 5-HTP and Bipolar Disorder
- 5 Herbs and Supplements that May Help Protect against Alzheimer’s Disease
- 5 Simple Things You Can Do to Make Life Better For a Loved One with Dementia
- Diagnosing Alzheimer’s: Dementia or Dementia-like Symptoms?
- 10 Warning Signs of Serious Memory Loss and What to do Next
- Serotonin and Weight Loss This New Year
- How to Actually Keep the 3 Most Popular New Years Resolutions for Health
- Keep This New Year’s Resolution to Loose Weight
- BOGO 5-HTP Coupon code December Sale
- 6 Ways to Naturally Overcome Depression
- SAD is More Than Just the Winter Blues
- CLA and 5-HTP Supplements for Weight Loss
- Vitamin B and Mood Enhancement
- Top 5 Natural Treatments for Depression
- 5-HTP as a Natural Alternative to Phentermine
- Successful Dieting and Your Brain – What Type of Overeater are you?
- 50% OFF 5-HTP Coupon Code Promotion
- Dr. Oz Speaks to Benefits of 5-HTP